New International Students

This page is currently under construction. Please contact the Graduate Coordinator, if information is required.

Please visit the Centre for International Experience (CIE) to find information for international students about VISAs/study permits.

As soon as you accept admission, please refer to’s requirements for student permits. You will need to present your permit before the academic year begins. Also, check that your passport is not expired; if it is, take steps to renew via your governmental agency.

We suggest that you look for housing as soon as you accept admission. On-campus housing will often have waitlists that you can sign up for.

When you arrive in Canada, visit a Service Canada near you to get an SIN. This will allow you to work and take on a TAship within the department. For more, information and requirements, please visit’s Social Insurance Number page.